International Students

Application Procedures


ALL International students are required to submit a copy of their PASSPORT OR ASYLUM SEEKER STATUS, together with a completed application form and certificates when applying to study.

A SAQA evaluation will be required when applying for the following courses:

  • Business Studies
  • Utility Studies
  • NC(V) Courses
  • Engineering Studies
  • Short Skills Courses

If you have completed your Grade 12 in South Africa, you will not be required to apply for a SAQA evaluation. All applications for SAQA need to be done online. Please see SAQA’S website (Evaluation of foreign qualifications)




Please take note of the following pertinent information regarding the application for study permits:

  • If you need to apply for a new study permit you will be required to start the process 4 months before your current visa expires.
  • You are required to apply for a new study permit at VFS centre 3 months before your current permit expires.
  • You will need police clearance from your country and a South African police clearance (this process takes 2 months) if you have already obtained police clearance from your country, it should not be older than 1 year
  • You will need an unabridged birth certificate
  • Please note that your passport should be valid for at least 6 months
  • Documents to apply for medical and radiogical reports are available at the international office
  • We are able to assist with obtaining medical cover from momentum health
  • If you are using a refugee/asylum seeker permit please ensure that your permit remains valid for the duration of your studies
  • Please note that if your current permit expires while you are still in the country, you will be declared an undesirable citizen in the Republic of South Africa and may be banned from entering the country for 5 years
  • Please come to the international office for assistance or if you have any uncertainties
  • We are able to assist with the online registration and application process for the VFS centre


Passports and Permits

All international students studying need to have a valid passport & permit or asylum seeker permit

Passport Holders: Once you have applied and been accepted to study at the college the International Office will issue you with an Acceptance letter to apply for a study permit.

If you are a current student and you need to extended or renew your permit please refer to the attached NOTICE.

Students are NOT allowed to register/study with a VISITORS permit.

If you have one of the following permits you will be allowed to study provided the permit is valid for the duration of your studies

  • Study Permit
  • Work Permit (Part- Time Study Only)
  • To Reside With Sac Spouse
  • Permanent Residence
  • Retirement Permit
  • Dependency Permit


ALL International students need to pay their course fee in FULL upon registration. No financial agreements are allowed.

Connect with us

77 Murchison Street, Ladysmith, 3370

  • dummy+27 36 631 0360

  • dummy+2736 631 4146

  • dummy


Enter your email and we'll send you more information